First camping adventure of the season is in the books!

This past weekend was gorgeous, so when my husband asked if I wanted to go camping, I jumped at the opportunity. If you know me at all, you know that I love to go camping. Being outside, sleeping in a tent, and falling asleep to the sounds of frogs, is an experience that you just don't get in the city. I mean, I guess I could still sleep outside in a tent in my front or backyard, but you know what I mean, it's just not the same.
There is something rejuvenating about being in nature, and so this weekend, we decided to rejuvenate. Some of Ben's family joined us for burgers and hot dogs, and others stayed the night with us in our tent. It was a great time of fun and laughter, which is ALWAYS a good thing.

Ember, my outdoor adventure girl, LOVES being outside, and loves to camp (like mother, like daughter). The outdoors is her playground, and she loves every minute of it, she tried her hardest to keep her little eyes open at the end of the day while we were all around the campfire, but just couldn't, and she fell right to sleep. ( cue the Mommy happy dance).
I love raising her up in nature every moment we get, whether it's going on walks, going to the park, playing in the yard, or going camping. It's in those times where I get to see her creativity unfold. I get to see where her mind and little legs take her, and I get to be along for the ride.

It was a great relaxing weekend and so far this Monday has been pretty "ok".
Now, for some yoga to finish this day out .. bring on Tuesday!


























No comments