Time for an Adventure

I don't know about you guys, but working as a full time Youth Pastor, part time photographer, and full time wife and Mom, life can be a bit crazy, and by a "bit" I mean really crazy.

On the days that I get off from the office, I like to get out, and get away, unwind from the crazy busy world that I live in, and just, be. This is something that I need to do to stay sane, and I have found is so important. 
As a Mom now, there are so many things that I want to teach my daughter, and I am so excited to be on this journey of life with her. She really is my little mini me, and I fall in love with her more and more everyday. 
When I was pregnant, I read articles, and heard from women that life changes, it's never the same, and you can kiss your old life good-bye once you have a baby. I agree, my life has definitely changed, and it will never be the same, because, it's even better! Not only do I get to hold this little girl, and be her Momma, but I get to take her on my adventures. I love the time that I get to spend with her 24/7 on my days off, and I take her with me wherever I go. 
Bringing her along takes a little more planning, and packing, but it's all so worth it. Seeing her smile while the wind blows in her face, watching her as she picks up sticks, and rocks and figures out what to do with them next (usually she either gives them to me, or tries to stick them in her mouth). Watching her feet move in the grass, or stomp in the dirt. Seeing her point to a bird, or butterfly, and hearing her as she tries to talk, telling me all that she sees. I love it, every minute of it. 
So this week, on my day off, I decided that we were going to go to a fishing lake, take our Jetboil, and have a picnic with some soup and crackers, and oatmeal. Ember is 10 months old and is at that stage where packing a meal for her is pretty easy. Oatmeal and a banana for lunch, puffs and mum-mums for a snack, and of course lost of water. I brought some soup for myself for lunch, and then on our way out of town I had to get my coffee fix, of course. It was such a great afternoon, a little on the warm, muggy side, but even though it was hot, and we were sweating, I love and cherish the moments I get to spend with my little girl. 
So, wherever you are headed this weekend to adventure, remember to take in those little moments, the people you are with, the scenery, and disconnect and enjoy. 
























No comments