CHRISTMAS IN THE KYLE HOUSE {HOLIDAY FUN}

Last week I put up some pictures of our Christmas tree and said that more Decor was coming soon... well the moment has arrived! I finally was able to take pictures of the Christmas Decor in our house and put it up on the blog. Maybe it will give you some inspired ideas, or maybe you are like me and just like to see how people decorate their house :) haha whatever the reason...here are pictures of how I decorated my humble abode for Christmas this year! Enjoy. 



 I actually made these twine Christmas trees last year. Thank you Pinterest :) 

I found these little Christmas trees & ornaments at Target. Each for $1.00, so of course I had to get them. 


FINALLY put something in the new mason jar lamp I got a month ago from Hobby Lobby. 


This was a DIY project that I did a few months ago. The red picture frame was actually black. So I decided to spray paint the frame red. I let it dry, and then gave it the distressed look by sandpapering it around the edges. I think it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. 



These 2 pillows (Be Merry & HO HO HO) I got also from Target. $3.00 each. A cheap fun way to dress up some part of your house with Holiday Cheer! 

This was also a DIY project last year. I found this idea on Pinterest. You take a tomato plant growing wire thing haha, and you just wrap lights around it and it makes for a cute small Christmas tree decor! AND a nightlight :) 


These are my S'mores ornaments! Because if you know me at all, you know that I do LOVE my S'mores!! 


This is just the small set up that I have on my coffee table. The "Tis the Season" is from Bath & Body works, and it's what I have been burning. I have since this picture used it all up and am burning a Balsam candle so it smells like Christmas trees in my house. (you can also get that candle from Bath & Body as well) 



Once again this pillow was a $3.00 pillow from Target. I'm beginning to love that place. 

Here is kind of an overview of what my living room looks like. I love to cozy up on the couch at night with coffee or hot chocolate and have the Christmas lights on and watch movies!!! 


And more $3.00 Target pillows. I'm telling you they are addicting haha. 


Ok so this may seem odd, but last year these snowflakes I put up on the tree, and this year I decided to hang them on the wall to add more decor to our walls. Don't mind the crappy looking tape haha that was all I had at that moment and just never changed it out with something cuter haha. 


These M&M's are no ordinary M&M's they are actually MINT M&M'S  and they are my husbands favorite!! haha He has at least gone through almost 2 bags now. But these are on our coffee table for a small treat during the day! 

I purchased these last yr from Hobby Lobby. I figured it would go great with the rustic/cabin theme that I was going for. Plus for some reason I am loving Moose. (not sure what Moose is plural. Moosen, Meese,?? who knows, but you get what I'm saying) haha 

So there is history behind this chalkboard drawing. I started drawing this when I was in the 4th grade. haha I imagined up this snowman and would draw this on everything when I was given free time or when I was bored.  
So when I was thinking of what to put on the chalkboard, it hit me.... I'll just draw what I have drawn the past 17 years. And it's Perfect I think :) 
Plus, i don't have kids yet to display their drawings, so I'm just going to have to display my own. :) 

This beaded Santa I think my Grandma made for me one year. :) It's cute and perfect for a little spot in the living room. 








Here is what our place looks at night with the lights all on :) I absolutely LOVE it!!! I wish I could have them up all year long. :) 



My handsome husband and I :) We were in the process of making our Christmas card :) It was FREEZING outside, so it was a quick snap and go. haha
But I will post out Christmas Card on the blog in the next few days, for those who want to see it :) 
And yes, I am wearing Flannel. I actually got this shirt in the men's section from Wal-Mart and it's perfect. Keeps me warm, fits pretty good, wasn't super expensive, AND is super cute with a black puffy zip up vest. :) It was a great purchase. 

No comments