I shot myself a doe!

So today was one of the most amazing days EVER! Definitely for 2015 that is for sure! 
For the longest time I have been begging my friend Wade to take me hunting, so yesterday when he sent a text asking me if I would want to go, I jumped at the chance. 

I was at his house at 10:30am, we did some practice rounds WHICH I hit dead center on at 120 yards with a 243 rifle by my 5th or 6th try. To which he then replied, "ok lets get go get you a deer". 
After some lunch it was out to the pasture. It was gorgeous out there, so peaceful out in nature, with no cell service.. I LOVED it! And for those who know me, not talking wasn't TO hard for me ;) 
There were a few times where I was close to getting a shot off, but never quite could get the right angle. After about an hour, the perfect opportunity came! There was a doe about 100 yards out, and then another one 75 yards out...behind that doe was a 9pt BUCK! Unfortunately Buck season is over and I couldn't get that one... maybe next year;) 
So long story short, my heart is racing, I'm excited and nervous at the same time...I really wanted to get this doe. I took a deep breathe and fired, hit it perfectly!!! 
This was my first time hunting and I can tell you it won't be my last! I loved it! Getting the deer processed this weekend for some meat in the next week or so! Can't wait !! 
Thanks Wade for taking me hunting! And Callie for letting me borrow your rifle. And a BIG thanks to Wade and Grandpa for cleaning the deer for me! :) Loved watching it, not sure i'm ready to do it on my own though ;) 
Until next season!!!! 



No comments