Christmas with the Fager's!

I hope you all had a great and wonderful Christmas with your friends and family! I know that I absolutely LOVE the time that I get to spend with my family! Christmas Eve was the start of a great few days! At First Covenant Church we had 3 services 6:30;8;11:00pm. I was honored and blessed to be able to read Luke 2:1-20 at all 3 services. It was a great time to celebrate the birth of Jesus with the church family and friends! Paul and the band did a great job leading us in songs of worship, and we ended with a candle lit song. It was a wonderful evening. After the 3rd service, Ben and I then headed to Wichita to spend Christmas morning with the Fager family!!!... enjoy these pictures as you get to see the crazy and fun Fagers :) 






It was great to have a candle lit song and everyone singing "Silent Night" 

Ben and I on Christmas Eve! 

 HOORAY, IT'S CHRISTMAS MORNING...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! 
Ben and I were woken up by my (very soon to be) sister-in-law's dog "Daisy" She just found a comfortable spot on Ben's shoulder. 




Now I don't know about traditions in your home, but at my parents house we all as kids gather together and then come downstairs together to open up stockings. It's so fun watching everyone open up their stockings to find out what Santa left :) 



 Daisy wanted to get in on the action so she just jumped up on the couch and made herself at home. 

I absolutely love coming home and seeing the house decorated for Christmas. My mom does such a great job of making the house warm and cozy. 

This is our Christmas tree, full of ornaments that my brothers and I have made over the years. It's so fun to look around the tree and see what we have made. Let me tell you, we are GREAT ornament makers. Especially the ones we made in the 1st grade :) 

Santa's little helper! We needed to have someone give everyone their gifts from under the tree and sort them out, so Matt was designated as the elf. 



 
It's fun watching everyone open up their gifts! We go in order from oldest to youngest! And everyone opens up on gift at a time. We like to prolong the excitement as much as possible! 

Yahzi was already exhausted after being up for an hr already. So she decided to sleep in my dad's arms. She absolutely LOVES my dad! 


And what is Christmas opening gift time without a fire?? This kept us warm, although now that I think about it, I should have brought some marshmallows!!  

So this wall doesn't have anything to do with Christmas, but I absolutely love this wall and these pictures. I like seeing how much we have grown, and where we are at today, and knowing that when we were that young, God knew what he wanted to do with us, and now we are each living out his will for our lives. 



 Even all 3 dogs got Christmas gifts. They each got TREATS, and I'm pretty sure they loved them. 
 
 




 



This is my dog!! Yahzi... she is a min-pin (miniature doberman pincher) I love her to death. 


This was some spice that my mom had made. You put some things together in a pot, add water, and heat it on the stove, and you house smells AMAZING! You just keep adding water, super simple!! 
 
Festive Placemats for the dinning room. 


My brother and his beautiful girlfriend Jaimie!! They are such a cute couple, and perfect for each other :) 

What's Christmas without some Hot Chocolate!! DELICIOUS. 


The men hard at work putting some Christmas presents on the truck. 



SANTA!!!! I KNOW HIM!!!! 

When we were little we would put out Milk and cookies out for "santa" AKA: Dad ;) then one Christmas Santa left us a message saying " Dear Fager Kids, you have all been really good this year, and I liked the cookies, but if you could put out a Pepsi instead of milk that would be great and I may give you more presents next year." haha Oh Dad!! :) 

Gotta love the old school picture with Santa! (Michael, Marcus, Matt, and Melissa) 




                                     
So it's a tradition that the day after Thanksgiving we go to JCPenny's and get the free snow globes. We have done this for the past 8 years I believe. Well this year we were sad to find out that JCPenny's no longer is doing the snow globes :( Our hearts were crushed.. so Allie (Michael's Fiancé) decided to take a pic of the 2 of them and put it in a snow globe so that way Michael could still have the tradition of the snow globes. :) She is such a sweetheart, and knows my brother well :) 





Matt and Jaimie also exchanged their gifts. It was so fun watching them open their gifts. They are such a great couple and know each other well, and have been dating for 4 or 5 yrs i think haha.. not sure but I know that it's been a long time) :) A ring is in their future I believe; )  Jaimie is a runner and she got running shorts and a shirt. Matt is a country man, and got a really nice shirt that fits his style.  
My husband chilling out on the couch "bonding" with Yahzi. 

How can you not love this face? :) 




Grandma and Grandpa opening up gifts! 


Some pictures of the animals :) 








 We had to get a all kids picture. (Marcus, Ben, Matt, Melissa, Michael, Allie, Jaimie, and cousins Ethan, Micah, and Alycea Unruh.) It's a blast when we all get together. We are missing my cousin Ben and his new wife in this pic :( 



It's also tradition to build a human pyramid. I decided that us girls can definitely hold these boys on top of us. And we were successful!!! 

The dogs just wanted some loving so they decided it would be a great idea to kiss us all who were on the bottom row. Yahzi is under me, Daisy, and Trooper were all wanting to be apart of the picture. 

Micah started to wobble..but we held strong. 

Michael then decided that it was going to be fun to just take Marcus and I to the ground so what did he do???......

...he took us to the ground. :) 

 Us kids with the Grandma and Grandpa


And then we added my mom and dad 

My parents are adorable... even after 28 years of marriage they are still very much in love with each other. What a great example of a Godly marriage they have shown my brothers and I. We are blessed. 


The Blunks: Aunt Twyla, Grandma, Grandpa, Mary (mom), 
(we are missing Aunt Diana, and Uncle Jim in this picture)







I hope you have enjoyed looking at some of the people who mean the world to me, and just seeing how Christmas was at the Fager household. There is never a dull moment when my family gets together. :) I hope that you all have many awesome memories that you made with your families as well this past Christmas. May God bless you all. 

Time to Celebrate NEW YEARS!!!! Get ready for 2013. I'm ready to see what God has in store for my family and I this coming year. 

No comments