3 STUDENTS, 3 ROBES, 3 TESTIMONIES.... 1 GOD!!!!

So one of the most amazing and awesome things that I get to see and experience in youth ministry, is watching as students come out from under their parents faith and make Jesus and their faith their own!!! I LOVE watching students grow deeper and deeper in love with Christ and what all He has to offer them. I'm so amazed at how some of these students are just so on fire for God!!! It brings such joy and excitement into what God has me doing here on earth. Today at First Covenant Church was Baptism Sunday!! I had 3 students want to get baptized, one in obedience to God and two, as a way to publicly tell everyone that they have received Christ into their heart and life.  What an exciting day it was. All week we have been planning for this day. The students met with me on Wed to talk about what Baptism means and why we get baptized. Then the students had to write a testimony of their faith (which was going to be read while they were walking into the water). I loved reading the testimonies of these 3 great students as we prepared for Sunday!!!
The students from Left to Right:
Kodee Christensen, Sydney Omli, and Tyler Blochlinger

                         They were so excited and yet very nervous at the same time..


ok so while we were waiting to go line up the students were telling me how nervous they were. So I tried to calm them down by saying " You're nervous?? I'm nervous, I have to read your testimony in front of 500 people!!!! (which they laughed) Mission Accomplished !!! :)
So after discussing who was more nervous.. Tyler said "man these robes are heavy at the bottom" and I said "that's because they have weights in them at the bottom so that way when you walk in the water your robe doesn't poof and balloon up in your face.


 They thought that was the coolest thing ever and were amazed. So I figured we needed to take a picture and capture the moment !!! :) 


And at the end of the day .... 3 testimonies were read (without mess ups :) ) and 3 students were baptized and declared their love and faith for their Lord!!! It's a GREAT day and I know that in heaven they are having a PARTY to celebrate with us!! :)

I LOVE BEING A YOUTH PASTOR!!! :)

No comments