80 Degrees one day, and the next... ICE! Yep, I live in Kansas!!

So this past week it has been so nice, 75-80 degree weather. I went out running the other day in shorts and it felt so good to finally change out my closet from my Winter clothes to all my Spring/Summer clothes.  I was one happy girl....last night I even experienced a great and awesome spring thunderstorm! (if you don't know already, i LOVE thunderstorms) My husband and I took a drive around town, so just I could watch the lightening :) He is good to me!! :) A little side note: when I was younger my brothers and I loved Thunderstorms so much that we would get our little plastic chairs and my mom would pop us a bag of popcorn and we would sit in front of the door and watch the lightening and eat our popcorn :) Those were the good ol days :) So I have always had a passion and an interest in watching lightening. Anyway... so after we got home from driving around, we watched a movie, and then headed to bed. I woke up this morning ... and wouldn't you know it... ICE!! EVERYWHERE... This is crazy...but then I do live in Kansas which here this is very typical weather. Spring weather one day and then it's back to feeling like Winter again.
Well even though I was not super thrilled that today is feeling a lot like December, I decided to take advantage of the situation and go snap some pictures of things covered in ice. It's actually very beautiful, and with the wind blowing, you can hear the ice moving on the trees which sounds neat. Ben also went with me to take pictures and we used my Micro Lens that he got me for Christmas that attaches onto my iphone.  Those pictures turned out really awesome, as he got up close to the ice and u can see how it just forms over the buds in the trees. So enjoy these pictures of this amazing day that God has created! No matter what the weather is like, I am always thankful that God has given me another day to bring HIM glory, and honor, and praise.








The cover for the motorcycle was completely stiff and covered in ice. 

Baseball nets


this was with the Micro lens... I love how you can see the bubbles in the ice. 











It's crazy how the ice just forms over the buds. Looks like gel, not ice haha
This just amazes me!! 











Ice formed over the flowers on the trees.

Ice formed over flower petals. 





Ice on a pine needle. 



And these are just many of the incredible scenes that God has made. So thankful that I get to experience his handywork !!! :)

No comments