OH YA KNOW.. JUST ANOTHER WEDNESDAY AT FCYM!

Being a youth pastor is my calling in life, my passion that God has given me and I absolutely LOVE what I get to do everyday (except receipt day, not a fan of those days) haha :) 

Today was a fun day and I just wanted to share some of the amazing things that I got to experience today.... first off, it stormed like crazy this afternoon. So I decided to get our my micro lens and snap a picture of the water drops on the window 



When I was a little girl, my brothers and I would sit in our plastic chairs and eat popcorn while looking out the front door. We would watch the lightening for hours, so I decided to take a trip back into time this afternoon. I didn't have popcorn so skittles had to do, and I didn't have my plastic pink chair, so the floor was the next best thing... and I was missing my brothers ;( 

 At POWERHOUSE (our middle school youth group) the students like to write on the whiteboard. Usually they say things like "welcome to powerhouse" so tonight I decided to beat them to it, but have them finish the saying on the board that said "Welcome to PowerHouse where..." I smiled at what they put.. "we have fellowship" "we have the bestest time ever" "we learn about God and get closer to Him" "we have fun"


So tonight we decided to combine our middle school youth group (POWERHOUSE) and our high school youth group (MAIN EVENT). I love doing this at times, because we are UNITED as ONE in Christ.. and it's a blessing to have everyone together in one room and just worshiping together and learning together!! Tonight was special because we had one of our students (Nathan Liby) get up and speak what God had laid on his heart. Nathan recently went to Mexico for a mission trip over Spring Break and God did some amazing things in his life. It was great to hear how God is continuing to work in my students lives, and how they are willing to be used and molded into more of who Christ wants them to be. Before Nathan got up on stage, he had asked one of our other students (Conner) to get up on stage and give his testimony. I don't know about any of you, but I absolutely LOVE hearing testimonies, because each one is so different! There is no perfect story, because God works in so many different ways for everyone. Every one's story is different and unique just as Christ made us each different and unique. Thanks Conner for giving your testimony. And thank you Nathan for sharing with FCYM (First Covenant Youth Ministry) what God has been doing in and through you.
This is Conner 

This is Nathan 

 Ok so earlier today on Instagram one of my students posted a pic that said this statement "M.A.T.H Mental Abuse To Humans" to which I commented "Amen" on the instagram photo. For those who don't know, I'm completely horrible at math and hate it with a passion.. and yes I said "hate".
Anyway...so my students found it funny and thought they would "post" the pic/comment in real life :)
 They also want people to follow them, so there ya go ! :)

This pictures just warms my heart and makes all the hard days in ministry worth it all!! For those in ministry, you know the feeling I'm talking about. The feeling where the Holy Spirit is just at work, and you know that it's nothing that you have done, but what God is doing around you. I'm just so excited and humbled to be apart of this. This picture is a group of students middle & high school UNITED together to pray for our youth group and for God's will to be done, and that HE will continue to use us as a youth group as we reach out into the community for His name sake!!
FCYM UNITED 

And then of course after youth group there is the trip to good ol McDonalds !! :)


I gotta say, i have a pretty amazing group of students (high school and middle school) these students are all amazing, yet crazy at the same time haha and I am so excited that I get to be apart of their lives and to serve them.  
Love them all !!!! 


No comments