The Kyles Hanging of the Greens !! {2014}

I decided to do something different on the blog this morning, and share with you all a little fun piece of my tradition from my house to yours. I figured since it's the Christmas season, and even though many of you have your trees up and house decorated, I wanted to share with you some of the traditions that I have when decorating the Christmas tree, and maybe you can use them next year.  

The bad thing about growing up, is that you no longer get to have the family traditions that you had when you were younger when everyone was around to decorate the Christmas tree. 
My brothers and I LOVED this tradition, and we would always argue about who got to put the star on top of the tree. So my mom decided to start writing it down so we would spend 10 minutes arguing on who's turn it was that year. 
Since we have all grown up and some of us have gotten married and moved away, we can no longer do the tradition of us all getting together to decorate the tree :( But I do have the amazing memories and am now starting traditions at my house, as well as continuing ones that I have cherished in my heart for years.  
So... if you want to know MY traditions when decorating the Christmas tree... then here ya go!....

First things first, you have to have some hot cocoa! There is nothing like sipping on a good hot cup of hot cocoa with marshmallows while decorating the Christmas tree! (love my mom, because she bought some packages of this peppermint hot cocoa and sent it up to Salina to me so I could enjoy it! Love her to death) 



You then have to bring out your tub or tubs of Christmas decorations. I should have taken more detailed pictures, but Ben has his box of ornaments, and I have my own. Our parents gave us some of the ornaments that we put up on our families Christmas tree as we were both younger. So it's nice to see those old, homemade ornaments from when I was 5yrs old up on my tree. haha


 Then of course you have to have a candle lit that smells like PINE! Nothing saying Christmas more then your house smelling like a Christmas Tree. Probably one of my most favorite smells ever!! 


Now, when I was younger we would always light a fire in our fire place, however since my duplex doesn't have a fireplace, I figured lighting this fireside candle would just have to do for now. :) 


Next, is probably the most crucial part when decorating the Christmas Tree, and that is CHRISTMAS MUSIC! Now, this isn't just any Christmas Music. Growing up, we had a cassette  tape that we played every year when decorating the christmas tree and throughout the christmas holiday. So... since I no longer have a cassette player I found all the songs on iTunes and purchased them. My favorite are from BING CROSBY! Christmas just isn't Christmas without his voice!!! 


This is just a new ornament that my mom got me to hang up on our tree this year! Hoping to have some real antlers of my own up on our wall someday! 


And that is it! Simple I know, but I have the best memories decorating the tree with my family when I was younger. I'm excited to start a family and continue those same traditions with my little kids someday! 
But until kids are in the picture, I will continue to be a kid myself and to do the same traditions that I cherish in my heart from when I was little! 

May your family have those little traditions that you cherish for years to come! 

A Kyle House Christmas Decor will be up on the blog soon! I'm still getting some last minute things done before I start taking picture of how I decorate for this Christmas! Excited to show you guy's the new things that I did this year


No comments