Road Trip To Pennsylvania

So this past weekend I did something crazy. I passed through 10 states in a total of 44 hours! Crazy, I know! Here is the story, and the documentation of my trip. 
My best friend Jackie bought a car in Pennsylvania, and calculated that it was going to be cheaper and quicker to go get the car than to have it delivered to her. So, she did what any best friend would do, and she called her best friend (AKA: Me) to take this fun road trip with her. We had a blast! From flying, to driving, to eating, to just having some girl time. Now, were we glad to spend most of our weekend in a car? Not so much, but nevertheless we had a great time together. Here is our Road Trip to Penn with my best friend!!! :) .....











Jackie's Parents came to Salina to drop Jackie off at my house. We went out for ice cream, and then it was to the gas station to fill my xterra, and then we were on the road. We decided to drive to KC Thursday night and stay with my in-laws up there, since our plane left early Friday morning. 

Yes you are reading the time correctly it's 4:32AM... I can't remember the last time that I woke up that early. We got in to KC around 11ish and then of course I had to chat ;) and by the time I went to bed it was around 1am. Woke up at 4:30am and had to be out the door by 5am...


Thankfully my mother-in-law is awesome, and she took us to the airport. She felt better if she took us than to leave my xterra there, plus that let us sleep in a little later, and still make the plane in time. She is AWESOME!!!!!! Thanks MOM!!!



Figured I should take a picture of the plane we were going to be flying in (part of my trip documentation;) 







We sat on the runway for a while because they had to spray the plane down with De-Icer before we took off since the plane sat out all night and some parts of it froze. 

Couldn't wait to start going down the runway, and up into the sky! 

The pictures below are seriously the most incredible pictures! We were in the air at the perfect time! We got to see the sun coming up over the horizon! So gorgeous!!!! 
It was cloudy from KS all the way to MN (where we had a lay-over before getting on another plane to fly to Penn) so the whole time flying it looked like we were flying in Antarctica.



The snacks we had on the plane were AMAZING! No more pretzels! They had these delicious graham cracker cookie things. I seriously have to find where they make them, and purchase some of them. They were delicious!!!! And, I decided since it was early in the AM I would go with the choice of Apple Juice ! :) A good healthy breakfast! 


In this picture, we were on our way to descending, and it was neat to see the clouds get closer and closer to us. 

Our luggage!! Can't believe we traveled so light (minus the bag that I had up in the overhead compartment) 

Did some reading on the plane! Gotta pass the time by

And I was easily entertained by Jackie's scarf and how the sun made my black pants have designs on them haha. So I figured, why not take pictures! 

We decided that we needed to eat some REAL breakfast so before jumping on our 2nd plane to Penn, we got some delicious Omelets. 
Moving sidewalks =  the best form or transportation inside !! 



Loved seeing the Big Christmas tree inside the Penn Airport! We are now heading down to get our rental car and then drive to get Jackie's car. 



They had a dinosaur skeleton and at the bottom was change and bills.... thought about jumping from the escalator into there to get some extra change. 

Finally got to the rental car place, and are now on the road for 2.5 hours to pick up Jackie's new car! 

Downtown Pittsburg, Penn 

We really were craving Jimmy Johns and luckily there was one downtown, so we stopped for lunch, and boy was it FREEZING outside!! 

After getting Jackie's new car, and driving the rental back to the airport, we are finally on our way back home to KS. We decided to stop in Ohio and spend the night! But on our way to the hotel we realized that we were hungry and didn't eat dinner, so we went by good ol McDonalds and I got this delicious Strawberry/Banana smoothie! So Good! Probably the only good thing they have on their menu. 

The super excited new car owner!!!! :) Figured we should get a pictures with the new vehicle. 

We then figured we needed to get on the road, so we got some of these powdered and chocolate covered donuts! With some milk, of course!! 

My new lipstick I'm trying out ;) 


Can you guess where we are? CHIPOTLE! Yep, we found one not to far off the highway and decided this was where we needed to go for lunch! 


And what is lunch without a delicious dessert to follow. Even though I was SO full, ice cream still sounded REALLY good. So we went to ColdStone and I got the Birthday Cake Batter Ice cream, with a brownie! Seriously if you all have never tried it, you HAVE to! It's SOO good! 


That's all the pictures I took :( The rest of the trip, was just music, and some talking. We did however sing to Frozen's "let it go" and recorded ourselves, that video is up on my Facebook! 
The last stretch was the long one, because we were both really tired, and just wanting to be home. When we arrived at my in-laws house in KC again to pick up my car, they had coffee ready for me since I had another 2.5 hour drive left back to Salina! Love them!!!! :) 
Once I got my xterra, I turned up the country tunes, and just jammed the whole way home!!! :) Got home around 1ish and was up the next AM by 8 for church! :) 
It was a quick trip, but it was fun! Something that I will always remember and cherish! 
Thanks Jackie for letting me to with you on your adventure!!! :) Love you Best Friend! 










No comments