Please, step into my office !!

So for those of you who don't know me, I'm a youth pastor. I absolutely LOVE my job, and what's great about it, is that it doesn't feel like a job. :) Working with great people, and hanging out with students and leading them to Christ and into a deeper relationship with Him, how could I call this a "job". It's my passion, my life, and my call, and I love every minute of it. 

With the perks of hanging out with students (and acting like one most of the time haha) I also get to have a big girl adult office! This is my second home. I actually just re-arranged my office today (because I get bored of the layout every few months and have to change it, yes i'm weird). But today I was super proud of myself because while I was moving 2 big heavy desks and re-arranging everything I was also talking to my brother on the phone. Talk about multi-tasking :) Anyway... Just wanted to share what my second home looked like. Sorry for the messy desk... actually this is the cleanest it's been in awhile. :) 



One of my students is awesome and has made me 2 canvas's of what I'm about. "disciple" I daily strive to become more and more like Christ, and to follow him with all my heart. Then "Acts 20:24" is my life verse " However I consider my life worth nothing to me if only i may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me, the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." That's my life and call in a nutshell !!! 

This frame with these words of encouragement holds a special place in my heart. It reminders me daily of the journey I have been on, and the people that God has placed in my life. 
(A51 Students @ Sr High camp is where I received this) 


As I was reading a book on ministry I came across this saying and I love it so I wrote it on my wall. It reminds me of how blessed I am to be working for God with students. I am so incredibly blessed. 


This is my Starbucks cup that I take with me everywhere :) 


This is the view looking into my office from the door...


This is a view from the door as well... now let me just say a few words about the posters on the wall :) The one on the right is NYC (NAZARENE YOUTH CONVENTION) absolutely LOVED it. And then of course MICHAEL W. SMITH my ultimate favorite singer of all time. (my mother-in-law will agree with me ) and even though I get crap for it, he is and will always be my favorite!! 


These were actually part of a calendar that I found at Wal-Mart of all places. It's a few years old, but I figured that I should take it apart and use it as wall decor!! 


And these are the awesome "throw back" chairs that you get to sit in if you ever come and visit me :) 


Decor from Hobby Lobby... hoping to hang it up somewhere in the new youth building. As of right now it's decor sitting on my floor. 


And of course what is home without a coffee maker!!! :) Also for those Nazarene folks... gotta represent MNU !!! 


This view is if you are sitting in my green chairs and looking at the wall with the door. 
(door just to the right) 


And here is another view from the green chair looking at the bookshelves :) 


And that is my home away from home!!! :) I am loving the new re-arranged look. 

No comments